– Definition: noun a self-righteously moralistic person who behaves as if superior to others. – Used in a sentence: Scratch a prig, find a hypocrite. – Why: To name a thing is to control it — either by voting it…
Tag: Tirebiter for Political Solutions Committee
Tim Leary says the only intelligent way to discuss politics is on all fours. Works for me.
Words to Bring Back: “Shambolic”
– Definition: adj.; chiefly British chaotic, disorganized, or mismanaged. – Used in a sentence: Our political and cultural landscapes have become shambolic as all get-out. – Why: Because we need a more polite (and adjectival) descriptor than… those in current…
We’re All Americans, Dammit
I’VE SAID THIS BEFORE, BUT it’s more important now than ever: “I pledge allegiance to the Constitution Of the United States of America And to the ideal on which it stands: One nation of individuals Indivisibly intertwined With liberty, justice,…
Some people use the word ‘God’ the way white supremacists use the word ‘patriot.'”
Blaming others is the suicide of [national] liberty.”
— R’ Jonathan Sacks, zt”l (from https://aish.com/302413231/)
Words To Bring Back: “Daresay”
– Definition: v., archaic used to indicate that one believes something is probable. – Used in a sentence: I daresay we need to get out the vote this November, or all will be lost. – Why: You could always and…
Pithyism #666 (Three Little Words You May [or May Not] Want to Hear)
“HERE THEY COME.”
SOMETIMES, THE TERM “ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE” is just a cover for genuine stupidity.
NOT WITH A BANG BUT a failed vote.
Words To Bring Back: “Kratocracy”
– Definition: n. A government established by seizure, utilizing force or deceit, with rule maintained by strength. – Used in a sentence: One side effect of social-media-as-lie-amplifiers is that they can more easily enable a kratocracy. – Why: Please, God*…
Words to Bring Back: “Inveigle”
– Definition: v. to entice or induce by guile or flattery – Used in a sentence: Demagogues often use exceptionalism to inveigle their would-be followers. – Why: It is something so pervasive that critical-thinking skills should be taught beginning in…
Words to Bring Back: “Drub”
– Definition: v. 1. hit or beat (someone) repeatedly 2. defeat thoroughly in a match or contest – Used in a sentence: Isn’t it nice when the Bad Guys finally get a well-deserved drubbing? – Why: Because “B.T.S.O.O. him” is…